What We Believe
The inspired truths of the Bible are the authority for worship and following God. We are an autonomous, sincere, group of God’s people who strive to follow these truths as they are laid before us in the New Testament. The congregation believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God. He lived as us to experience the trials of earth then was sacrificed for our sins. We, through grace, can become one of his children through our love and obedience to him. We can continue to be a follower and doer of his word until we pass from this life. So how do we become obedient?
How Can I Be Saved?
Plan of Salvation
God’s Plan for Man’s Salvation
• On the day of Pentecost, the people asked in Acts 2:37, “Men and brethren, What shall we do?”
• In Philippi, the Jailor asked in Acts 16:30, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
HEAR the Gospel
• ROMANS 10:17 – Then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
• JOHN 8:32 – You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
BELIEVE the Gospel
• HEBREWS 11:6 – But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
• Mark:16:16 – He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
• ACTS 8:37 – Then Philip said, "If you believe with all your heart, you may." And he answered and said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”
REPENT of Sins
• LUKE 13:3, 5 – I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.
• ACTS 2:38 – Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
• 2 PETER 3:9 – The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
CONFESS Christ as the Son of God
• MATTHEW 10:32-33 – Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
• ROMANS 10:10 - With the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
• ACTS 8:37 – Then Philip said, "If you believe with all your heart, you may." And he answered and said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
BAPTIZED (Immersed) for the remission of sins
• ACTS 2:38 – Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
• 1 PETER 3:21 - There is also an antitype which now saves us – baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
• ACTS 22:16 - . . . Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
• MARK 16:16 - He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
• GALATIANS 3:27 - as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
• ROMANS 6:3-5 - Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection.
• COLOSSIANS 2:12 – Buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.